Friday, July 13, 2012

Loving the (R) on my Payslip

I look around and all I see is green. :D $_$

After a year of working tirelessly in IBM, I got my first raise! Yay! It was always a pleasure to see an (R) beside my basic allowance/language premium. It usually meant an annual increase, a modest amount for a humble corporate servant like me. But I heard our colleagues in IBM GPS North America didn't even get a penny increase, so any increase here not too shabby for Kenny...

My stocks are doing good as well. All my issues are green and up, but something happened to my portfolio though. I originally purchased stocks of Republic Cement (RCM), which was trading at an uptrend until yesterday. This morning, I went back to my portfolio, and suddenly, my RCM stocks are gone! In its place are stocks of Lafarge Republic, Inc. (LRI)! What happened to RCM? LRI ate RCM?

In any case, no need to fret much because LRI's up 3.27% from my original purchase of the cement stocks. Maybe they're sister companies and RCM is in trading suspension... Dunno, will have to check that.

-Anomalous Pfolio-

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ken! I really enjoy reading your posts. I'm learning all I can financially and your blog really helps me have a view of what investing (trading?) is like. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete