Tuesday, April 24, 2012

You Know that Glassy Feel?

I got my new desktop today! IBM deployed a new Lenovo model for me to work on and it's equipped with Windows 7! Wooot.

It stupefied me at first, but Ken is a curious magpie, and no complexity can beat the power of curiosity ;).

Inside story: I asked my IT partner what happens to the old workstations after they were replaced - Does IBM recycle them, or resell them to any willing buyer who harvests second hand parts? IT partner says they were scrapped.. "What do you mean by scrapped?" "Sir, they're brought to a disposing facility where the hard disks are charged with some sort of static electricity to erase the memory, tapos padadaanan sa pison para madurog (then they will be rolled over by a steam-roller to destroy the components).

I guess that way, IBM protects itself and its stakeholders from any information leak and data privacy breeches. In short, your data is safe with IBM.

In the meantime, I can do this:
Photobucket

-Window flipping in Windows 7-

No comments:

Post a Comment